Do you always see job ads with the statement that you will work in the best company ever? Let's skip this part as this is obvious.
We can offer you something much better - the fact that you will see how your work influences the company and moves it forward. You will see that what you do really matters.
Bidroom.com is one of the most successful start-ups in the world (Best "Grown Startup" from Hospitality Technology Forum 2019, Startup Of The Year 2018 by travmagazine, One of 100 hottest start-ups in Europe according to WIRED magazine). We are waiting for you to join our mission of changing the industry.
We don't just hire people, we hire great individuals who will help to empower and grow our company. Are you one of them?
We are aggressively expanding our Engineering, QA, DevOps, Data Science, and Product Management departments, by implementing the most modern software engineering, analytics and product practices. We are looking for professionals willing to prove themselves not just in following processes and best practices but also able to collaboratively explore and define new solutions.
This is a senior role. You will work quite independently proposing and implementing solutions.
- Fluency in Python. We primarily use Python 3.7. For ETL we use Airflow
- Good knowledge of Relational DBMS (MySQL) and some NoSQL exposure
- Designing and orchestrating ETL jobs, with appropriate data quality controls
- A solid understanding of JSON and REST APIs
- Good knowledge of core AWS (Lambda, S3, AWS Glue, Kinesis, AWS EMR)
- Deep understanding of databases and data modelling
- Good understanding of data protection issues
- Ability to deal with structured and semi-structured data
- Practical knowledge of Git/Github
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
Nice to have skills:
- Previous experience working within Map-Reduce model (e.g. Hadoop), Spark or Apache Beam
- Knowledge of columnary formats such as Parquet
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Ability to think ahead and scale system possibilities for further data growth
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Ability to work with both Windows and Unix-like operating systems as the primary work environments
- Ability to build integrations between different web applications
- Being pragmatically lazy. If it can be automated, it will be automated
- Knowledge of data warehousing principles
What will you be doing?
- Designing and implementing data pipelines
- Developing complex solutions using Python, SQL or other technologies
- Creating and improving data flow for analytical/reporting purposes
- Working with AWS Data Lakes and Analytics Solutions
- Supporting product teams on solving technical issues and compliance with the best practices
- Impacting the way we use data
- Introducing best practises and best solutions
What can you expect?
- A dynamic and innovative environment
- Flexible working hours
- The best atmosphere you will have ever worked in
- An international team of people who enjoy their work
- Salary...of course!
Working at Bidroom also comes with awesome perks on top of your salary:
🏛 prime location (Krakow's Main Square)
🥗 every day lunches
👨⚕️ health care
👩🏫 language courses
🍎 healthy snacks (smoothies, veggies, fruits on various days)
⛱ cool chill out area